Today begins my 26th year and let’s all be honest… 25 is so cool and then 26 rolls around and it’s not quite as momentous. However, I still can’t believe I’m already in the second quarter of life. As I reflect on this past year I know more of who Christ has called me to be in him and I know what I am not. Knowing what you’re not brings freedom in way that’s unexpected. You aren’t waiting to be fabulous at something simply because you haven’t had time to perfect it.
I’m not good at things I’d like to be good at, but I’m quite alright with that as long as I continue to hammer away at the couple things I’m great at. This last year has solidified my sucktastic abilities at golf, cooking, and anything mildly related to arts and crafts. Trust me this list could go on. However, I choose to keep my eyes on a couple things that are hard wired in me. I accept my weaknesses and stay true to me.
I choose focus, I choose to hone my skills, I choose to race along women who are in pursuit of obedience and changing their world, and I choose to be coached.
I am and will be:
- a bondservant of Jesus Christ
- a wife who loves and respects her husband
- a mother to the motherless
- one who disciples others towards Christ
- a friend who believes in you
- a servant leader in my community
- a voice of peace and truth through the written and spoken word
- passionate about serving the underserved both here and around the world
By the grace of God I am who I am, and for that I am forever grateful.
Bring on the next 25. After all, I’m just getting started.